Tuesday 26 August 2014

The Whore of Nightingale Farm

I've now started work on my new novel.  The working title is Poppy.  She's a character from my book Virginia, a newly-wed girl who posed for Mick the painter a couple of times.  She also ended up in his bed.  In the new book, this infidelity causes trouble with her husband.

I've written the first chapter, where Poppy's husband Steve throws her out of the house and delivers her to Ginny, whom he calls The Whore of Nightingale Farm.  I have a lot of events and characters planned for Poppy's future.  These may include a night raid, and a visit by Ginny's old lover Charlie--it's about time he got out of jail.  I'm looking forward to finding out what happens in chapter 2!

On a mundane note, the shenanigans with Whiskey Creek Press and Start Publishing had demotivated me so that I've hardly written a word for months.  Well, it now looks like being sorted out--in a few more months.  And whatever happens, I'm back writing again!  Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment