Wednesday 18 April 2012

A Gift of Time

I was going walking today but since it's decided to rain I'm treating this as a gift of time and will get on with my writing.
I've got a scene planned where Rhoda tells Jennie about her adventures at the weekend, and since she's spending it with a couple of my favourite characters I decided to write the scene from their point of view then I know what Rhoda can tell Jennie from her point of view.  The 'back story' scene won't be wasted, because I'll be able to use it somewhere else, perhaps in a 10,000 word Sexy Short.
I did this with A Rose Without Thorns, where references are made to a meeting between Jennie and Rhoda, but to find out exactly what happened you need to read Everyone Gets Frisky at Weddings (Torrid Tales #56).  BTW, Whiskey Creek Press Torrid has changed its name to Torrid Books.
I'm setting a scene in a hotel we stayed in last year where we had a room in the converted stable block,  but with the en suite bathroom from somewhere we stayed last month.  There had once been a rather short bath but they'd replaced it with a lovely big walk-in shower, plenty big enough for two.  Well, you know I can't resist something like that...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. Looking at it today, with the first 'Carol' chapter written, I wonder if there's enough mileage in the story to interleave it in the same volume, so my two stories alternate then come together at the end.

    ReplyDelete