Monday 30 April 2012

Inspiration & Perspiration

On Saturday I felt inspired and wrote 2,500 words.  Peace and quiet helped.  It was the most I'd written for weeks.
On Sunday I was very reluctant, finding all sorts of things to do, including relax.  However, I decided to 'show willing' and sat down to type, expecting to get up again almost immediately.  I managed 1,500 words, finishing at 1:30 p.m.
Monday morning I woke about 4 a.m.and couldn't get back to sleep.  I was thinking about what I'd written on Sunday, and how it could be developed and improved; also the start of the next chapter.  I got up and between 4 and 7 added 400 words to Sunday's and 1,300 words of the next chapter.

And the moral of this tale?  Write, whether or not you're inspired.  Hammering words out on the machine and into the brain may result in inspiration after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment